Friday, October 9, 2015

Week 7

I have been having a lot of problems this last week. I tried doing the leaves in several different ways but none of them were coming out the way I wanted them to. Eventually, I created very low poly planes in Maya and shaped them in Maya and then imported them into zBrush. I have gotten a better result doing this. The leaves still need some work placement wise but they are very close. I may decide to rotate them a little further away from the pot or add a few more leaves so the plant looks a little more bushy. I will get the leaves shaped out how I want them and next I'll mask out the portions that I want and extract the geometry. This way, I can also get the holes in the leaves if I want to.





Unfortunately, this is all I have to show this week because I spent a lot of time working on things that I later scrapped. I also worked on the little leaves around his head but those also turned out pretty badly. I'll try again another day and, hopefully, I'll get a better result.



No comments:

Post a Comment